- Apprenticeship on offer
- Exposure to variety and experiences
- Well established company
This is the perfect start to your apprenticeship!
You already have a natural interest towards the Australian Flora and you are now ready to build on your career by studying and expanding your practical skills in an area you enjoy!
This Horticulturist Apprenticeship is offered by our client who are well known for their equine facility, based on a 2000 acre property on the South Coast of NSW. Their world class facilities provides a unique experience for their visitors by combining beautiful flora and architecture together with the latest equine technology and the love of horses! Your training will be guided by professional’s and you will be exposed to a large variety of plants and hand on experiences.
This is a full-time position, and you will be expected to work independently as well as, a-part of a team. Your newly appointed role will report directly to the Garden and Grounds Manager. The ability to demonstrate a history of overseeing the production and care of plants and maintaining existing gardens will also be highly regarded.
Your daily duties and responsibilities,
- Assist with landscaping maintenance, restoration and design
- Install and cultivate functional and ornamental plants
- Demonstrate accuracy and display commitment to excellence and a keen eye for garden detail
- Assist with planting and transplanting seeds, bulbs, flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- Weed landscape beds and assist with mulching
- Maintain plants and gardens by watering, weeding, fertilising and mowing lawns
- Increase the yield, improve the vigor and size of the plants
- Apply knowledge to plants, ornamentals and lawns to maximise their health and growth
- Advise on proper plant products and irrigation to maintain the look and integrity of the greenery
- Advise on the types of plants that would thrive in their setting, taking into account the climate and nutrients required.
- Identify and treat potential pests and diseases
You will possess,
- Punctual and reliable
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers
- Strong organisational, analytical and mathematical skills for research and record keeping
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work and comfortable working outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to learn on the job and complete an apprenticeship through TAFE
- Current Drivers Licence
If you would like further information regarding this position please call Tracy Dicker on 4421 2700. Or click “APPLY NOW” to apply instantly.
All submissions will be treated as private and confidential. Whilst all applications will be considered, only those who are shortlisted for the position will be contacted.Apply Now